Sphere is looking for Superintendents to work in the renewables industry. Renewables experience is not required but a passion for the industry is a must.
Position Summary: The Electrical Superintendent works in collaboration with the General Superintendent/Site Manager.
Salary: $90,000 - $95,000 depending on experience
In addition to base pay and traditional benefits, all site employees will receive:
• 10% Mobility Premium
• 20% Weekend Premium
• Accommodations paid for
• $60 per diem for meals (non taxable)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Organize construction activities and ensure the completion of the work by the workforce and/or subcontractors in his/her field of activity.
- Provide solutions to production problems and technical issues.
- Understand contract and scope of work and ensure it is well communicated to the trades.
- Ensure that all changes related to the work in his/her field of activity provided by professionals are incorporated on site.
- Keep a daily log of all site activities.
- Compile data related to hourly workers and the production rate, and then, estimate the time required to complete the work.
- Be responsible for their specific section in the monthly report (MMM) as well as the weekly report.
- Ensure the as-built drawings are marked.
- Check and prepare material orders and items related to the work they supervise.
- Maintain site files on supplies, equipment and services.
- Supervise inspections performed by field engineers, subcontractors, and any external participant.
- Identify and eliminate risks and identify and document the hazards.
- Be responsible for collecting & approving timesheets daily.
- Maintain a professional attitude with owners, workers, consultants and coworkers.
- Attend and participate actively in all project’s meetings.
- Coach assistant superintendents and foremen in their professional development.
- High school diploma and technical trade certifications/card/diploma (according to the province) or any relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in similar functions
- Fluent in English, French an asset
- High geographical mobility
- Valid driver license
- Good communication both verbally and written
- Excellent teamwork and attitude
- Autonomy and leadership
- Excellent team management and conflict resolution skills
- Being able to adapt to high-stress environment and weather fluctuations (construction site)